Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunflower and Summertime StarfruitII

This card is a combination of things that I have seen in a new combination.  The first technique that I used was scoring on the card stock before stamping to give the tiled effect.  I have to admit that when I saw this (I think Patty Bennett's cards might have been the first) I thought that the flowers had been stamped, then cut into squares and placed on the card front with the spacing. (I thought this for months and was going to do the card exactly like that.) This technique was so much faster and more precise. Another confession... making this card has changed my mind about the seam binding. I knew that the seam binding was good for a nice, flat strip of color. I did not know what a beautiful bow it made. My first card uses the new in-color, Summer Starfruit, and the vertical scoring.  My final card uses Primrose Petals and the diagonal scoring. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment